Kerry C. Duggan
Kerry C. Duggan is the founder and principal of SustainabilD, a sustainability and strategy consulting firm. She previously worked as deputy director for policy in the Obama-Biden White House for then Vice President Biden and held several senior roles at the Department of Energy, mainly in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. She also served as deputy director of the Obama-era Detroit task force, where she championed a citywide LED streetlight conversion. Duggan is currently a member the prestigious Department of Energy Secretary of Energy’s Advisory Board (SEAB) as well as a Governor Gretchen Whitmer appointee to the State of Michigan’s Council on Climate Solutions.
In 2020, she was named a member of the Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force, serving as one of Biden’s five delegates on the climate change policy committee. She previously worked at the League of Conservation Voters. After her time in federal service, Duggan co-founded the Smart Cities Lab, was a partner with the Honorable Thomas J. Ridge’s firm and has served on several boards including at the University of Michigan’s Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise and the Global Council for Science and the Environment.
In 2018, Duggan was named to the prestigious “40 Under 40” list by Crain’s Detroit Business, and she is currently a Board Director of Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: PESI), a senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists and a Member of the International Women’s Forum. She sits on the corporate advisory boards of RockCreek Global Investment, Aclima, Inc., Walker-Miller Energy Services, Arctaris Impact Investors Opportunity Zone Fund, and HeatX.
Duggan earned a Bachelor’s in environmental studies from the University of Vermont and a Master’s in natural resource policy and behavior from the University of Michigan.
- University Liggett School, Trustee
- University of Michigan:
- Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, External Advisory Board
- School for Environment & Sustainability, External Advisory Board
- Alumni Leadership Council, Council Member-at-Large
- Climate Change Research Assistant
- Detroit Country Day School, Alumni Mentor
- 2020 Biden for President, Climate, Energy & Environment Policy Committee, Co-Chair
- 2020 Democratic National Convention, Platform Committee, Biden Appointee
- Biden Appointee to the Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force on Climate Change
- City of Detroit Census Complete Count Committee, Co-Chair Outreach Committee
- Office of the Vice President, Deputy Director for Policy
- Detroit Federal Working Group, Deputy Director
- Office of Secretary, Liaison to the City of Detroit
- Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE):
- Director of Stakeholder Engagement
- Director of Legislative, Regulatory & Urban Affairs
- League of Conservation Voters (LCV), Campaigns Project Manager & PAC Coordinator, IE Campaign Director
- Michigan LCV, Deputy Director & Director of Development
- Michigan Environmental Council (MEC), Policy Specialist, Case Manager, Southeast Michigan Representative
- Honorable Thomas J. Ridge’s firm, Partner
- Smart Cities Lab, Co-Founder